The day i got my Android SmartPhone Samsung Ace,I got Internet Pack activated on my cell phone.As I am using Postpaid Services,I badly needed Android App to monitor Data Usage,rather than relying on company’s website.
After spending sometime on Google Play,I came across Android Apps called Onavo,3G Watchdog,Droid Stats,Data Counter and few more. I tried and tested them,following is my review regarding them:
OnavoCount and Monitor Data
- Just in few steps you can set Monthly cap,Billing cycle and cost.
-You can recieve status notifications about Android apps that take a toll on Data Usage.This is definitely helpful to figure out applications hogging your data,specially when your travelling or when you are on roaming.
- Through Live Data Usage Widget it shows apps that are using Data right now on real time basis.There are other two apps Data Plan Usage that helps you visualise monthly data-plan over time with live progress counter.
Another widget is App Watch that allows you to browse quickly through all your data using apps.
-You can block/restrict apps to access Wifi or block 3Gdata once you are nearing to exceed your Data limit.
-By joining Onavo Android Community,you will gain knowledge regarding the app is safe to use as soon as you hit the download button.
-You can Activate Active alerts once usage reaches limits defined by you.
-You can install this app directly by visiting this link Onavo or via scanning the following QR code.
3G Watchdog App
-Allows you to set Weekly as well as Monthly Usage limits.
-You can add details regarding when you recharged your Internet Plan,Quota as well as Duration of the plan.
-You can set Alerts that will warn you when you exceed 75% of Quota,Auto Disable Mobile Network when you exceed 99% quota.Yes there is no need to turn it on Manually,there is an option to Auto-Reenable when usage back under limit.
-Also you can opt for Data Usage Counter on your Android Home Screen.
-PS: Initially there was downside that it couldnt show how much data was donwloaded using WiFi connection or through Broadband plan.But this issue is fixed and works well You can install this app directly by visiting this link 3G Watchdog or via scanning the following QR code.
Droid Stats – Lets keep track of incoming/outgoing,sent/received SMS
Droid Stats is an android app that helps you track incoming as well as outgoing calls ,number of SMS sent or your recieved as well as exact amount of data usage transfer.
It lets you export your calls and sms event information into excel CSV file.This app works flawlessly for calls and SMS,but yes in case of Data Tracking it doesnt work as the above apps.
So which Android App you are going to install on your Smart Phone?
- Airtel 3G Launches in Bangalore and Data Tariff Plans Details
- Android SMS Backup and Restore Apk Application
- GO SMS Pro 3.68 APK Android Now Available for Download
- Google Play Celebrations 25 Android Apps, Games on Sale for 49 Cents !
- Install Android Java IDE (AIDE) and start coding directly on your Android Phone and Tablets!