Tomorrow is the Dday July 9 ,as the entire cyber world awaits Monday as FBI would be shutting down all servers that are affected by DNS Changer Trojan(Malware).Know what as expected India tops the charts here too ! Its being listed as THIRD spot in list of affected countries.
As per the DNS Changer Working Group nearly 19,642 IP addresses are affected in India.This implies this many numbers of Internet users would be loosing access to websites,emails,chat and your social networking sites to die for like Facebook,Twitter on July 9.
How to check if your computer is affected with DNS Changer Trojan ?
- Visit URL:www.mcafee.com/dnscheck
- Click the “Check Now” button to see if the computer has been infected.
- If the computer is infected, the website will offer you a free solution to get rid of the Trojan and update your Internet settings.
- If your computer is not infected, you will receive a “Congratulations, you are OK” screen and no further actions are needed.
What if my computer is affected by DNSChanger Trojan?
So as to set it right,you will have to contact your Internet service provider (i.e Airtel,BNSL or the one which you are using ) to reset IP addresses.
Some more information regarding DNS and DNS Changer Trojan
What is a Domain Name System (or DNS)?
Domain Name System, also known as DNS, changes user-friendly website names into the Internet protocol (IP) addresses that computers use to talk to each other. When computer users enter a website name (ex. www.name.com) into their web browsers, their computer will contact a DNS server. You can refer this WIKI for further information on DNS.
What is the ‘DNSChanger’ Trojan?
‘DNSChanger’ is a Trojan created by cybercriminals to redirect the Internet traffic of millions of unsuspecting consumers to websites where the thieves have profited from advertisements.
DNSChanger was hit last year after FBI and Estonian Police arrested many criminals who had floated a company called ROVE DIGITAL and spread the virus under various names.These viruses altered the DNS settings of your computer,thereby leading you to Fraudlent websites rather than real ones.For additional information regarding the DNS changer malware, please visit the FBI’s website at: http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/november/malware_110911
Just imagine if you are taken to icicii.com instead of real one and you enter your login credentials?
So what are you waiting for? You can check your terminal is affected or not at DNS Changer Check-up Page.So is your computer green or red?
- How to Remove Flashfake Trojan from Mac?
- Windows 7 Trojan ‘Sunspot’ Threatens Bank Accounts
- ZeuS Trojan infecting BlackBerry phones
- Lets know what is Virus and Different Types of Computer Viruses.
- Download Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal 2011 and KIS 2011 released | Official Download links