Google Drive is a place where you can create, share, collaborate, and keep all of your stuff. Whether you’re working with a friend on a joint research project, planning a wedding with your fiancé or tracking a budget with roommates, you can do it in Drive. You can upload and access all of your files, including videos, photos, Google Docs, PDFs and beyond.
Features of Google Drive:
- Create and collaborate. Google Docs is built right into Google Drive, so you can work with others in real time on documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Store everything safely and access it anywhere (especially while on the go). You can access your stuff from anywhere—on the web, in your home, at the office, while running errands and from all of your devices.
- Search everything. Search by keyword and filter by file type, owner and more. Drive can even recognize text in scanned documents using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology or images using image recognition.
You may need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package to run this software.
Just few days back Google Docs became Google Drive and all users had got email notification of switching all doc users to drive.If you are using Windows OS then you can donwload Google Drive client and snyc your files and folders in your Webdrive.
Lets Download Google Drive Online Installer
Before you can download the Drive setup(approx 700+ KB),you need to sign-in your Google Account.
Hit this URL. Now if you run Googledrivesynce.exe,installer will start donwloading required files and installs Google Drive on your computer.
Definitely this is inconvinient for all those with low internet connection or limited bandwidth connection.You can keep the setup with you and run if in case you have uninstalled the program or its corrupted and you want to re-install the same.
Downloading Google Drive Standalone Installer .
Yep ! Its official and its true that Google does offer online installer for cloud storage service,but this URL is a little secret.With changes in Google Drive version the URL will keep changing.I mean to say is if the current version of Drive is 1.4.3365.1552 then URL will be http://dl.google.com/drive/1.4.3365.1552/gsync.msi
So in general if you know the version of drive say x then URL will be http://dl.google.com/drive/x/gsync.msi
To make it more simpler visit this Filehippo page here ,where all the versions of Google Drive Offline Standalone installer are present and you can download the latest standalone version.
- Google Drive launched 5GB free, replaces Google Docs!
- Download Windows 8 Release Preview
- Chrome Remote Desktop – Remote access from one computer to another using Google Chrome
- Download Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Tool to Remove Malware from Infected PC
- GClient,A Google+ Desktop Client for Window Users to Access Google+ without any WebBrowser