Facebook automatically turned on a facial recognition feature for everyone that detects a user’s face in an image and asks your friends to tag it.
Facebook facial recognition feature lets users tag their friends in photographs.
This tagging is not done by Facebook but by your friends everyone in your friends list. But Facebook has never offered a way to pre-screen your tags
Lets disable this facial recognition feature in Facebook ,here are the steps :
- Go to your Facebook account’s privacy settings.
- Proceed to “Customise settings”.
- Under “Things others share” you should see an option titled “Suggest photos of me to friends. When photos look like me, suggest my name”.
- Click on “Edit settings” and Disable this feature in the next popup window.
PS: This feature is not enabled in many Facebook accounts,so dont panic if you dont get this settings in your FB Account!
So when are you disabling Facial Recognition Feature in your Facebook Account?
- Facial Recognition Software Company ‘PittPatt’ being Acquired by Google.
- How to Turn Off/Disable the new Photo Theater view in Facebook ?
- Facebook 3.3.1 for iPhone is Now Available for Download at AppStore
- How To Disable and Enable Facebook Group Chat Message ?
- How To: Disable Or Remove Facebook Timeline Beta Profile?