Google posted before-and-after images of the devastation left behind by the tornadoes that hit the South and parts of the East Coast of the United States earlier last week, with close-up views particularly of Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
When you search for some areas impacted by tornadoes in Google Maps, the search company also triggers a special alert that leads to maps of where tornadoes touched down and Red Cross shelters.
Here you can see it happening for a search on Concord, Alabama:
Here’s is the link for Picasa Web Albums slide show of the tornadoes images.
National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration also has a useful site about the April 2011 tornadoes in general. Along with many facts, the site also contains an image showing tornado tracks color-coded to show where the strongest ones were. Yellow is strong; orange stronger and red shows the most severe:
For more information on Alabama Tornado Destruction do visit NOAA site LINK
- Mumbai Public Transport Information Arrives on Google Maps
- Google Maps 5.8 apk Android App Free Download
- Ahmedabad Municipal Public Transport Information Arrives on Google Maps
- Google’s Christmas Holiday Greeting Cards via Google Maps!
- Set Bing Images as ur WallPaper