Just 4 days back Microsoft has released Windows 8 Developer Preview.This version isnt a BETA & you cant upgrade your existing Windows OS to Windows 8.You need to clean install it on your computer.
If you dont have DVD drive in your Computer or Laptop, or else if they have stopped working,still you can install Windows 8 Developer Preview via USB Pendrive.Installing Windows by just burning ISO image to the disk and loading the disk in your DVD drive, but its not that easy when installing Windows 8 via Pendrive.
Before you install Windows 8 Developer Preview on your Computer lets check out System requirements of Windows8.
Windows 8 has the following system requirements:
- 1 Gigahertz or faster 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 1 Gigabyte of RAM for 32-bit, 2 Gigabytes of RAM for 64-bit minimum
- 16 Gigabyte hard drive for 32-bit systems, 20 Gigabyte for 64-bit systems
- Direct X 9 graphics card
Lets Install Windows 8 Developer Preview using USB Pendrive
- You need Pendrive of minimum 4GB space storage capacity.
- Download Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool and install it.Download links for Windows 8 are given at the end of the post if you havent already downloaded Windows 8.
- Run Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool and select Windows 8 ISO when you are prompted to select ISO file in step 1.
- Later you would be asked to choose the media type where we need to select USB Pendrive option.
- Now in the next step it would ask you to select the USB device which you are using from the drop down menu.
PS: If the pen drive has some content in it, then Windows 7 USB/DVD tool would ask to erase or clean data from pen drive.
- Now the program will copy all files to the drive and make that drive bootable at the same time.When the tool shows 100% copied then remove the Pendrive and reboot your system using this Windows 8 Bootable Pendrive.
Download and Install Windows 8 Developer Preview now !
Following are direct download links to Download and Try Windows 8 Developer Preview:
- Download Windows Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64)
- Download Windows Developer Preview English, 64-bit (x64)
- Download Windows Developer Preview English, 32-bit (x86)
That’s all ! This is how you can install Windows 8 on your Laptop or Desktop without using DVD drive,using USB device or flash drive or bootable pen drive or thumb drive.
So when are you going to install and try new Windows 8?
- Download Windows 8 Developer Preview Build 8102 ISO image
- Download Windows 8 Release Preview
- Install Windows 7 from a Thumb Drive
- Windows 8 Developer Preview Screenshots
- How to get Old Classic Start Menu in Windows 8 Developer Preview?