Snap Multitasking in Windows 8 Developer Preview
New feature on Windows 8 developer Preview is Snap Multitasking.It allows multiple apps to run side by side at once in Windows 8.
When you enable Snap mode, you would be able to see Left side app covers 30% of your screen and the right app covers the rest portion.But yes you can make one app smaller or larger via dragging the line dividing them.
Snap feature works well on terminals with higher resolution else this utility would be automatically disabled. So as to forcefully enable Snap feature on Windows 8 you need to follow the following method:
Method 1 Enable Snapmode via Windows 8 Snap Enabler
Windows 8 Snap Enabler is a freeware for Windows 8 users that will allow you to forcefully enable snap feature even on low resolution screen in a single click.Download Windows8 Snap Enabler which needs no installation and enables Snap Feature in a single click.
Method 2 Enable Snapmode via Windows 8 Registry Editing
- Make sure you have backup of your Windows Registry file if in case you messup with Registry values.
- Open Run Command that is Win+R. Then type regedit and then hit enter.This will enter Registry editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionImmersiveShell
- Under ImmersiveShell key, create a new key AppPositioner.
- Now select the newly created key “AppPositioner” and in right-side pane, create a new DWORDAlwaysEnableLSSnapping and set its value to 1.
- Restart your explorer to make see those settings in effect.
That’s all ! This post was all about How to Force Enable Windows 8 Snap Feature in Low Screen Resolutions
- Lets Enable/Disable Hybrid Boot in Windows 8 for Faster Startup Time
- Lets Change Your Windows 7 Logon Screen Background to Windows 8 Logon Screen?
- How to get Old Classic Start Menu in Windows 8 Developer Preview?
- Lets enable Gmail New look right now
- Windows 8 Keyboard Shortcuts – Global and Windows Explorer Hotkeys