SkyDrive now available for Android Smartphones ! Finally Microsoft has brought cloud storage service called SkyDrive to Android phones with more free storage (up to 7GB) and additional storage is much cheaper than on competing platforms.
With this app you can save your files and pictures to the cloud storage and also quickly share them to your Windows PC.You can easily access all the contents stored in your SkyDrive doccuments,photo and other files uploaded by you as well as the content shared with you by others.
This app is designed to work well with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich!Version 40. hmmmmm:(( No need to be sad,as it works well on Android 2.3+ Devices.
Lets checkout the following video Introducing to the new SkyDrive:
Read this before you start using SkyDrive extensively
Do watch what you store on SkyDrive as you may endup loosing your Microsoft Live Account! Also be aware this isnt extension of your hard drive that you can add anything here private and legal.
You will not upload, post, transmit, transfer, distribute or facilitate distribution of any content (including text, images, sound, video, data, information or software) or otherwise use the service in a way that:
- depicts nudity of any sort including full or partial human nudity or nudity in non-human forms such as cartoons, fantasy art or manga.
- incites, advocates, or expresses pornography, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, hatred, bigotry, racism, or gratuitous violence.
- misrepresents the source of anything you post or upload, including impersonation of another individual or entity.
- provides or creates links to external sites that violate this Code of Conduct.
- includes content that is protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- is intended to harm or exploit minors in any way.
- is designed to solicit, or collect personally identifiable information of any minor (anyone under 18 years old), including, but not limited to: name, email address, home address, phone number, or the name of their school.
- invades anyone’s privacy by attempting to harvest, collect, store, or publish private or personally identifiable information, such as passwords, account information, credit card numbers, addresses, or other contact information without their knowledge and willing consent.
- is illegal or violates any applicable local and national laws; including but not limited to child pornography, bestiality, incest, illegal drugs, software piracy, and harassment.
- threatens, stalks, defames, defrauds, degrades, victimizes or intimidates an individual or group of individuals for any reason; including on the basis of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race or religion; or incites or encourages anyone else to do so.
- harms or disrupts, or intends to harm or disrupt, another user’s computer or would allow you or others to illegally access software or bypass security on Web sites, or servers, including but not limited to spamming.
- attempts to impersonate a Microsoft employee, agent, manager, host, administrator, moderator, another user or any other person through any means.
- promotes or otherwise facilitates the purchase and sale of ammunition or firearms.
- contains or could be considered ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’, ‘pyramid schemes’, ‘affiliate marketing’ or unsolicited commercial advertisement.
- mischaracterizes content you post or upload or contains the same or similar content to other content you have already posted.
- attempts to manipulate the services, including ranking and reputation systems in the services, by violating any of the provisions of this Code of Conduct, colluding with others on voting or using multiple profiles.
- offers to make international money transfers for amounts exceeding the asking price of an item, with intent to request a refund of any portion of the payment.
- contains advertising for money making schemes, discount cards, credit counseling, online surveys or online contests.
You will not use any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of postings without the express written consent of Microsoft Corporation.
Termination and Cancellation
Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, and without any obligation to do so, to review and remove user-created services and content at will and without notice, and delete content and accounts. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to ban participants or terminate access to services.
If interested in what if you exceed 7GB data storage or some pics that violate the rule then do read this @ MyCe.com
Download now using this link to Google Play or by scanning the QR code below.
I would prefer to use SkyDrive rather than SugarSync, Dropbox, Google Drive and Apple’s iCloud as I have been using the same since its launch! What about you ?
- SD Explorer: integrate “Windows Live Skydrive’s” 25 gigs of cloud storage with your desktop
- Cloud Storage- Making your Information Safe and Accessible
- How to save battery life in Android powered Smartphones?
- Instagram for Android : Release date not known!Sign up for early access now!
- Sony Ericsson Unveils “Live With Walkman” Android Smartphone