Microsoft has released update KB2718177 to fix two reported vulnerability found in Internet Explorer 9(IE9).
What this vulnerabilities could do ?
They could allow remote code execution if a user views specially grafted webpage.Thereby attacker could sucessfullyexploit such vulnerability and thus gain same user rights as the current user.Definitely this would have less
affected to those who don’t Logon by default to Windows account with administrative user rights.
What is the rating of this Security Update?
Its being rated Critical for IE9 on Windows Client and Moderate for Internet Explorer 9 on Windows Servers.
What are the expected changes with this Security updates ? It updates version of IE9 to 9.0.8 although its a security update.You can install the update using Windows Update or download using following link:
- Internet Explorer 9.0.1 Now Available Via Windows Update
- Enable / Show Menu Bar in Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) Beta
- IE9 Tweaker : Easy way to Customise IE9
- Uninstall Internet Explorer 9 and Revert to IE8/IE7
- Get Internet Explorer 9 Beta Now!