What does Bounce Rate mean?
According to Google Analytics,
“Bounce rate is the percentage of single-page visits or visits in which the person left your site from the entrance (landing) page. Use this metric to measure visit quality – a high bounce rate generally indicates that site entrance pages aren’t relevant to your visitors. The more compelling your landing pages, the more visitors will stay on your site and convert. You can minimize bounce rates by tailoring landing pages to each keyword and ad that you run. Landing pages should provide the information and services that were promised in the ad copy.”
To view the bounce rates for your website, go to the Bounce Rate report in Google Analytics under Visitors > Visitor Trending > Bounce Rate.
Lets Interpret from Bounce Rate :
If 60 out of 100 visitors leave without seeing second page (usually in a given time like 30 minutes defined by cookies), then your bounce rate is 60%. A bounce rate below 40% is good. 40%-65% is OK. Anything above that should be taken care of. Also, what you want to achieve through your site also defines what is a good bounce rate for you. A high bounce rate is not always bad. For a search engine like Google, 100% bounce rate may be good, actually !
Here are few simple tips from my side to Combat The High Bounce Rate :
1. Provide Relevant Content
2. Avoid Keyword stuffing.
3. Have Clear Cut Navigation.
4. Provide Ample Content.
5. Update your blog content on regular basis.
6. Avoid Pop-up advertisments. (It annoys the readers like me!)
7. Improve Loading Speed.
8. Use Catchy Effective Taglines.
9. Acquire Good Quality-links.
10. No Audio-Video Autoplay advert.
11. Use Yet Another Related Posts Plugin (YARPP)
12. Install SEO SearchTerms Tagging 2
13. Place Search Box
14. Get a good 404 page designed.
15. Eliminate bad traffic.Block traffic from few odd sites like PPC & countries.!
16. Avoid Tag cloud or Place minimum tags in the cloud.
17. Avoid indexing of Tag clouds in XML sitemap maker or give them less priority.
18. Add a clearly visible and button-like call to action above the fold/scroll of your page, like “call now toll free”, “subscribe now”, “download free version”.
19. Insist readers to subscribe to your RSS Feed & Email Subscription.
After following all this checklist i got drastic change in my bounce rate:
I do accept though my traffic is too low as compared to all you web bloggers still nearly I have achieved 33.06% Bounce rate.
Do lemme know your views like how to deal with high bounce rate? Any tips to reduce Bounce rate from yours side? Keep the responses coming : )
- How to Read Google Adsense Reports : ?
- 30+ ways to bring traffic to your website [Re-visited]
- Reduce PageLoad time,Speed up your Website for Google Rankings!
- High Server CPU Usage caused by WordPress
- 3 FREE ways to analyse your website backlinks