If come across Google’s India page , definitely you’ll witness a nice doodle made on the account of Children’s Day. This this doodle was sketched by a child artist – 7 yr old Varsha Gupta from Noida, India. She is a is a grade 3 student of Ryan International in Greater Noida near Delhi.
The logo titled “Indian Musical Instruments” artfully represents various musical instruments of India which includes Veena, a pair of Tablas, Shehnai, Sarod, and Gunguroo.
She won a technology starter package of one laptop and a free internet connection for one year. Her design was selected out 1,55,000 entries.In the following picture, Varsha is posing with Doodle team member Jennifer Hom.
‘Chacha’ Nehru (or ‘Uncle’ Nehru) who always adored children and considered them as most potent force in India,definitely would have thrilled at this.
Lets say ‘Happy Birthday’ to Chacha Nehru and ‘Congratulations’ to Varsha Gupta as her design will appear on the Google India homepage all day on 14th November 2011, the birthday of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Google Celebrates its 13th Birthday with Google Doodle
- Today’s Google Doodle:118th Birthday of Albert Szent Google Doodle
- Today’s Google Doodle celebrates Amar Chitra Katha founder Anant Pai’s 82nd B’day
- Today’s Interactive Google Doodle for Art Clokey’s 90th Birthday
- Robert Bunsen Today's Google Doodle celebrates Chemist’s 200th birthday