Today’s Google Doodle is a tribute to clay animation expert Arthur Art Clokey with a “Gumby” Google Doodle on the homepage.This is one of best animated Google Doodle ever by Doodle team.
Quick Introduction of Art Clokey :
Art Clokey was born on Oct. 12, 1921 in Detroit,Michigan. His birthname was Arthur C. Farrington. When he was nine years old, his parents divorced. He lived with his father, but he died in a car accident. Later he went to live with this mother ,but his Mother – and Stepfather – had no interests in him. So the 12 year old Art was adopted by Joseph W. Clokey.
He presented his First Stop Clay Motion Film in 1955 called “Gumbasia”.It was a 3 minute 34 second short film. It was a parody of and an homage to Disney’s Fantasia. From this, Art Clokey and his wife Ruth invented Gumby (the green one). Gumby gets famous on many TV-episodes and shows.
Art Clokey died in his sleep on January 8, 2010, at age 88, at his home in Los Osos, California after suffering from a recurrent bladder infection.
Following is the video of Google Doodle on the Google homepage is without sounds:
Happy Birthday Art Clokey!
- Today’s Google Doodle Celebrates Auguste Rodin’s 172nd Birthday
- Today’s Google Doodle:118th Birthday of Albert Szent Google Doodle
- Today’s Google Doodle:Freddie Mercury’s Birthday Animated Google Doodle
- Google pays tribute to Madam Curie on her 144th Birthday via Google Doodle
- Robert Bunsen Today's Google Doodle celebrates Chemist’s 200th birthday