Every new laptop rolled into market is powered with Wi-Fi connection but this is not same in case of desktop computers !
If you like this feature on your Laptop ,you can enable Wi-Fi on your Desktop pc using USB wireless adapter or a PCI wireless adapter card & we can turn desktop computer to Wireless machine.
Enable Wi-Fi using : PCI wireless cards or USB wireless adapter
PCI wireless adapter card are old fashioned,bigger in size, you got to open your desktop machine and got to insert it into free available PCI slot.
USB wireless adapter though costlier than PCI wireless cards but are easy to use dongles, that look similar to a pendrive and can be used directly inserting them into your free USB slot.
Wireless N adapters range from $10 to $30 in price. Prices depends on which brand you are buying . You can opt for cheaper adapters that are available on eBay from Chinese sellers for as low as $7( But I wouldnt take risk of connecting such cheap hardwares to my desktop).Though there is not much difference in terms of functionality between generic and name brand wireless adapters still reliability and perfomance depends a lot on brand you opt for!
The DWA-131 Wireless N Nano USB Adapter comes with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) by which user can easily establish wireless connection without help of any expert. WPS also offers advanced security features that are simple and easy to configure,it automatically sets advanced security features using WPA and WPA2 encryption.
Features of D-link DWA-131 Wireless N Nano USB Adapter:
- Slim Design, Compact Size with Powerful 11N Technology
- Secure Your Wireless Connection Using Advanced WPA or WPA2 Encryption
- Compatible with Windows 7 32bit and 64bit
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup, push-button design for easy connection
- Compatible with existing wireless 802.11b/g networks
- Better wireless reception around the home
D-link DWA-131 Wireless N Nano USB Adapter will be available across the country at a retail price tag of Rs.1,850 and it is backed with 1 year warranty.
Ps: Do make sure that using Wireless N adapters you would be making desktop Wi-Fi enabled, but for receiving Internet signal through the USB wireless adapter you need to have Routers or Wireless Modem.
- Wireless Internet and Security – Should You be Concerned?
- How to Secure Your Wireless Home Network :?
- Chrome Remote Desktop – Remote access from one computer to another using Google Chrome
- 10 Tips to make your Laptop Battery last longer
- Lets enhance Desktop look with Gorgeous Start Panel via Smart Desktop Free Application