WordPress 3.4 GREEN is released.It is dubbed Green in honor of guitarist GRANT GREEN,known for his simplicity.
This WP 3.4 release has more improvements like theme customization, touch support, custom headers, Twitter embeds, and image captions. Check out the video below to know more.
For WordPress Users,
Theme Customizer – Allows you to play around with varied looks and settings for your current theme or one you are
thinking to switch to without publishing those changes to the entire world.So gone are the days of rushing to update your header, background, and the like as soon as you activate a new theme. You can now customize these options before activating a new theme.If your theme does support WP 3.4, you will be able to change colors,background and custom Image headers.
- You can notice many tweaks in Admin console,like its pretty much easire to browse through so many themes without
pagination.Usage of images from Media Library to populate Customm Headers,also you can choose the height and width of your header images.
- Good news for Twitter users! Now with WordPress 3.4 you can share Tweets in Style.Now you can just put a Twitter permalink on its own line in PostEditor,they will turn it into a beautiful embedded tweet.
Though it’s called Twitter Embeds, this also works absolutely fine for following sites
- Flickr (both images & videos)
- Twitter (WordPress 3.4+)
For WordPress Developers, following are the updates for them in new WordPress 3.4 GREEN
Post queries have been optimized to improve performance, especially for sites with large databases.
The number of strings loaded on the front end was greatly reduced, resulting in faster front page load times for localized installations. Also, better support for East Asian languages, right-to-left languages, theme translations, and more.
WP_Theme, wp_get_themes(), wp_get_theme(). Faster, uses less memory, makes use of persistent caching.
Custom Header and Background API
Custom header and background API relocated into the theme support API.
A new WordPress API that supports custom content types and taxonomies, as well as dozens of other bug fixes and improvements.
jQuery, jQuery UI, TinyMCE, Plupload, PHPMailer, SimplePie, and other libraries were updated. jQuery UI Touch Punch was introduced.
Snapshot of Dashboard after I upgraded to WP 3.4
I have upgraded to latest version of WordPress 3.4 GREEN. What are you waiting for?
- Theme Toolbox:New theme released for WordPress.com and WordPress Selfhosted blogs.
- Thesis 1.8.2 Released.Download and Upgrade your Thesis WP theme now !
- WordPress 3.0 Beta 1 has arrived!
- How to add Pagination in WordPress Thesis Theme?
- Enable Sticky Posts in WordPress template ver 2.7